Saturday, January 8, 2011

Art Interpretation.

      The Kiss was a photograph taken by Robert Diosneau by the Hotel de Ville which is in Paris, France in 1950.
 Observation: As soon as I look at the photograph, my eyes are instantly drawn to the man and woman kissing in the center of the picture. I can observe that its a black and white photograph. The clothes everyone is wearing are kind of old fashioned. Everyone around the two people kissing are out of focus and the man and woman kissing are the only ones who are still.

Inference: I can guess what the man and woman are a couple. They may be 'hi' or 'bye' to eachother. Or maybe they were just kissing in the moment. I think Diosneau may have been sitting when he took the shot due to the angle of the picture. I can definetly infer Diosneau didn't think his photo 'The Kiss' would still be such a succsess.

Interprtation: I personally love this photograph. I like how classic and timeless it is. Its a photograph that is universally admired. The simplicity is amazing. I think it seems like they're the only two people in the world and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment